Monday 8 July 2013

Birthday Treats @TCC

The Connoisseur Concerto (TCC) is nowhere new or unfamiliar to the locals, but somehow we don't frequent or rave much about the chain boutique restaurants.  I have the TCC membership card thru' a girlfriend for several years without utilising it.  Until recently I got my new card, I started to use during my birthday month.  I must say they have surprised me with their interesting interpretation and variety of main course - pasta.
FYI: For members during birthday month, get to enjoy 50% off on first visit and 30% off on subsequent visits.  On the other hand, GSS promotion for members is 1-for-1 pasta (valid till 28 July 2013)!  Very worthwhile to try their new dishes (revised every now and then, to create novelty for customers)!
The Connoisseur Concerto (TCC)
*Various location
 
Fried Prawns in Martini Glass - Nice!  Filling portion.
 
 
Seafood Aglio Olio - Ordered by my girlfriend and she finished it all.  It was alright for a typical Italian pasta (but she would prefer Coffee Club's).
 
Tobiko Scallop Pasta - This is a fusion Italian pasta with Japanese influence.  Very yummy, appealing and appetising dish!  Slightly more 'soupy' gravy with a light, non-creamy yet special taste.  There were a generous splash of fresh juicy tobiko (Japanese fish roe), scallops and mushrooms.
 
Devil-misu - Something different from the usual tiramisu.  It was made of espresso and mascarpone cream and I feel it's lack of sufficient rum.  Too much of mascarpone cream, putting more biscotti will be better.  In addition, the pair of brandied cherries was overpowering, but with the nice presentation I deliberately overlooked it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do u think??