Friday 26 July 2013

$$-Worth Dinner Sets @Yayoiken, Liang Court

As many are aware, Liang Court is like a "mini Japan" where you can expect to see many shops & restaurants catered to the local Japanese community, and even come across Japanese expats & foreigners.  As and when, there will be Japanese food fair or homecare fair to showcase the Japanese goodies and products.  I recalled there was one time, during one of those fairs, there were a female Japanese emcee dressed in kimono and a 'sushi' mascot promoting the fair and playing games with children (of cos' they spoke in Japanese, which I don't fully understand & partly English).  Real fun to watch though!

I can't help taking notice of Yayoiken as it is very long queue each time I passed by or going into the Meidi-ya Supermarket, for it is located right next to the supermarket entrance.  Therefore, on this day, I deliberately head down with my Hubby to Liang Court earlier than the usual dinner timing (Saturday, before 6.30pm).  I was so proud of myself to be the first 3 in the line (cos' I don't really like to queue for food as I'm normally very hungry by then), and to get a table in less than 10 minutes.

Yayoiken
@Liang Court Shopping Centre
177 River Valley Road
Singapore 179030
Tel: 6338 7170

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ THE INTERIOR ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
The interior is nice.  Though it looks rather compact from the top view, it is pretty cosy to sit inside the "cubicle".  Each cubicle is separated by head-high panels, so the guests can enjoy privacy within close seating proximity.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ THE HIGHLIGHT ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I would say, the highlight of this restaurant is their high-tech ordering system.  This reminds me of another Japanese restaurant I had been to in Tokyo.  So cool!  You can keep ordering food at ease and the food comes to you faster than average restaurants, as it saves time for waiter to pass the order to the chef.  Good demonstration of high productivity and efficiency.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ THE TASTE ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Mixed Toji Set - This is actually sliced beef, fried prawn and pork cutlet with egg.  My recommended choice if you are a carnivore and like to try the most variety of meat possible in 1 set.  So good you will cleaned the entire pot!  I also like their miso shiru (Japanese soybean soup) for it is less saltish, though I don't usually like miso soup.
 
Wafu Hamburg Set (topped up $1.90 for Kai Jiru, clams in Japanese soybean soup) - The beef patty was really tender, and not at all too meaty that you have to add mustard/sauces to it (better than the one I had @Ma Maison).  Very meaty & stomach-filling choice. 
 
Natto (fermented soybeans) - It was specifically ordered by my Hubby.  For me, it tasted funny, cold and fibrous.  Not quite my thing.
 
Unlike the usual Japanese ginger slice, you get free-flow of pickles.
 
Their dessert menu is nothing out of the extraordinary, playing all safe with scoop ice-cream & matcha pudding.  Nothing to surprise me, but they have an array of fruity smoothies.

This is definitely one restaurant anyone can visit frequently for super affordable (inexpensive) and good Japanese cuisine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do u think??